Software Engineering Advising
Office Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
2520 Osborn Drive
1212 Coover Hall
Ames, Iowa 50011-1090
Online Appointment Scheduling
- Go to Access+
- Click the Student Tab
- Choose “ISU Appointments” in the left-side menu
- Follow the prompts and schedule with your advisor
Advising Feedback Form
To help us be better, please fill out this advising feedback form.
Software Engineering Academic Advising Contract
To sign the academic advising contract follow the link: https://www.se.iastate.edu/academic-advising-contract
- Attend scheduled appointments and maintain email and phone contact with your advisor each semester.
- Come prepared to each appointment with questions or material for discussion.
- Be an active learner and ask questions if you do not understand.
- Accept the consequences of their academic and personal decisions and take responsibility for their academic progress and goal attainment.
- Register for appropriate courses in accordance with advice from their advisor and accept responsibility for accuracy of their schedules.
- Access and review degree audit information and develop and update their academic plan on a regular basis.
- Carefully consider and follow through on advisor recommendations.
- Know your registration date and semester deadlines. http://www.registrar.iastate.edu/calendar/
- Understand and follow the College of Engineering Basic Program guidelines.
- Follow course prerequisites and co-requisites. http://catalog.iastate.edu/informationaboutcourses/
- Provide academic support to ensure successful progression to graduation.
- Guide decision-making and responsible development of educational plans for achievement.
- Provide information and strategies for using university resources and services.
- Monitor and accurately document progress.
- Maintain confidentiality pursuant to FERPA.
- Be knowledgeable about university, college and departmental policies and procedures and the graduation requirements.
- Be accessible and responsive to their advisees via office hours, phone and/or email.